Monday, March 20, 2006

Cloud 9

This has nothing to do with the box of Cloud 9 chocolates that I bought last weekend, along with 4 bags of chips, some French Onion dip, tortillas, and enchilada sauce.

It has everything to do though with the feeling of blissful happiness.

My head has been up in the clouds the past few days thinking of what great adventure awaits me. Actually, I already have a very clear idea of what the adventure would be, the only problem is determining where and when and maybe, in some cases, how.

Which makes me wonder...why do we call this sort of feeling "On Cloud Nine" ? Whis is it not cloud 8 or 7? Mountain 12? Evaporation 4? Mist 22?

Apparently the expression was formed through the US Weather Bureau. As the story goes, they used to describe clouds by assigning them numbers: Level Nine was the very highest cumulonimbus (whatever that is), which can reach 30,000-40,000 feet and appear as glorious white mountains in the sky. Hence, if you were on cloud level nine, you would be at the very peak of existence with a horrid sunburn on your back.

So there you go. This also explains why it hurts so bad once you're not on cloud nine anymore. I just hope I don't get burned and broken that bad once this all falls over, or should I say once I fall off.

By the way, out of the box of Cloud 9s that I bought, I was only able to eat 2. With 3 snackin' crazy brothers, go figure what happened. Sometimes I'd like to throw them on top of a white mountain in the sky and make them disappear forever in the midst of wonderful cotton candy-like fluffiness (see, I'm still a good sister: cotton candy is good!).

1 Comments:

Blogger toni.angeli said...

loved the post, as always, but it seems we're on the same track - saying things without really saying them! Madaya! hahahaha leave everyone dangling. :)

11:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home