Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Confessions of a (semi-former) CNN Junkie

Aside from the Cartoon Network, there were only 2 other english tv channels available in France. Well, for our cable subscription at least (this is right after our illegal cable card which unblocks all stations was blocked).

The choice was easy: BBC was boring and lifeless and CNN had cute journalists. Guess which station I watched the most.

Back then, ask me who anchors which show, what time this show airs, and what color tie Richard Quest was wearing that day and I could answer it in a second. I recorded Business Traveller, asked Terry to send me a copy of her Vinci DVD mix *wave*, and even stalked or at least tried to (we ended up having a 2 hour coffee break just outside their office building) the guy in Rome.

But when I came back to Manila, I didn't have time to watch CNN anymore. Plus the fact that the cable shows/channels here are waaaayyyy better didn't help either. I don't even know who anchors CNN Today anymore nor if Quest even still anchors BI.

Until I saw Vinci's winter olympics report!!
Now I remember why I stalked the guy.



*Photos from Terry

Swoon!

So maybe I'm not a CNN junkie anymore but I can still take a peek at it once in a while if I know hotness like this would likely to come up every now and then.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home