Thursday, March 22, 2007

Ikea Hacker



I've been a huge fan of Ikea ever since my first Ikea HK trip back in 7th grade. I bought one of those cool wooden pencil cases. Heavy and not really functional, but it was my first Ikea purchase. I'd leaf through pages of the Ikea catalogue and dream that one day my house will be designed and furnished the Ikea-way. Yes, I know, I dreamed of great things when I was young.

When we were in Paris, most of our furniture were from said store even though the designs weren't really appropriate for our appartment. Most of their stuff are made for small flats and our high ceilings made the furniture seem too small. But still my mom and I (and I think even my dad) enjoyed our Sunday Ikea trips even though we don't really buy much. My dad likes their 2 euro sandwich and soda meal and I LOVE their spice cookies and meatballs. I still love the catalogue and dream that one day I'll design my flat just the way they do in their magazines.

But there's no freakin' Ikea in the Philippines!!! Although I did find a blog in Blogger's list of Noted Blogs: Ikea Hacker.

Ikea Hacker is one of the coolest blogs I've ever read. They take normal pieces from the store and modify them to something else. Daybeds become seaters, curtains to dividers making $10 look like $100. Awesome!! I love, love, love, love it. Let's all go to Ikea and go DIY-crazy!!
The only thing is that when browsing through the site, I go green-eyed monster with saliva dripping down my mouth (not a good image...) seeing all them lovely flats and furnishings.

Damn you Ikea and makers of nice appartments!!!

I swear when I get my own, it'll be the bestest flat ever! And maybe by then Ikea will be making an appearance on Philippine soil.

wishing and dreaming,
xc

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home