Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Dead fish


Last Saturday I went to Cartimar with Mark D. It was my first time to go there (naks, virgin) and I was excited to see all the cool pets they were selling for almost half the mall price. I've been wanting to go there coz I wanted to buy a pet goldfish. The want was fed by an episode of Scrubs where a patient gave JD a pet goldfish. So I asked Mark if I can go with him on his next Cartimar trip so I can buy my own. And that was where I ended up just last weekend.


By noon, and with only 350 pesos, I had in my hands:


2 goldfish
1 kilo of white sand
1 water plant
1 big fishbowl
1 fighting fish
1 small fishbowl


And after spending the afternoon at the SM baggage counter, my precious fishies finally went home. By the end of the day they were comfortably swimming around in their fishbowls. I didn't even think of naming the little bastards then.


Sunday - 1 goldfish was dead!!! Holy mother of all holies! My brother said it was because of lack of oxygen despite the quite living plant in the middle of the fishbowl. I thought it was due to lack of space. I name the remaining goldfish Zander. Greg names the fighting fish Terreur.


Wednesday - Zander dies...................................Sad day. I wasn't even able to take pictures of him swimming around his little world on top of one of our tables. I'm not going to post a picture of him upside down in his little world on top of one of our tables..that's just morbid. At least Terreur is still alive...for now. I didn't even have the guts to fish out Zander (haha @ the pun though not funny) and give him a proper burial. Just like the other goldfish (yes, I call it that since it has no name), his future probably lies in an ice candy bag in the left-over food trash bin.


Cruel I hear you say. Cruel I am. I just wanted those fish for decorative purposes anyway. Haha. Kidding. KIDDING!!!


...and I'll still buy another one this weekend and I promise I'll take care of it better this time around.


peace and eternal life,
xc




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home