Thursday, December 07, 2006

My Jologs Moment

Did you know that the Bee Gees is actually an acronym for the Brothers Gibb? And that they went to live in Australia because Barry was in so much trouble in England? And that they only started using their famous falsetto voices for the Saturday Night Fever soundtrack? And that they don't consider the music they did for that movie as dance but more on the soul side?

Well I do...why? Because I was a huge Bee Gees fan and I mean huge! Huge like owning pirated videoke cds huge. Buying Keppel Road - The Life & Music of the Bee Gees huge. One Night Only DVD huge. Not seeing the sights in Chicago coz you'd rather watch VH1's Bee Gees special huge. Promising to watch them in concert if ever they go to Manila huge.

Eeeewwww, I know. I can hear myself barfing.

But yes, those were my jologs days. I loved loved loved them. Actually I only like Maurice coz he was the only fun one even if he didn't really sing that much and had no hair.

And ever since he died, I sort of lost interest in the brothers Gibb. I've never really like Barry even if he did compose those cool songs and Robin was just plain weird. He was a judge on Pop Idol and didn't really say much there either.

So I didn't even know that Robin Gibb was coming over to do a solo concert here in Manila. But apparently as far as the reviews went it wasn't all that anyway. His voice isn't as strong as Barry's and he can't dance if his life depended on it. After all he is just 1/3 of the group. It's like having your choco peanut parfait and only getting the peanuts. How sad. Not to mention the toupee.

I'm not as loco as I am over them before but I still love love love their music. I can still lip sync to all of their songs. But as for watching a Bee Gee in concert, I think I'll pass (um, I did). That's just sad.

But anyway, those were my jologs days...eeeewwww.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home