Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Am I really working?

Yes. I really am working. Unless you would differentiate working with employed. In that case I am employed but not working...yet.

30 minutes before I call it a day and so far all I have done is check email, go on breaks and call up G in Paris. Hurrah! As far as I am concerned, this is the only perk I have in this company (even if calls are limited to at most 10 minutes). So overall, I would say this first day is as productive as my first day at the WTO minus the CHF allowance, dammit!

But tomorrow's going to be a busy day albeit not at work. It's errands galore for me tomorrow morning. Did I just say morning? Yes, morning. Considering my shift ends at 2 am (we are on UK time), early morning activities don't really appeal to me just yet. However, these aren't just simple errands. Other people expect me to do it or else their Christmas plans would be ruined which would then lead to my own ruined plans (as if I have some).

So an early start tomorrow means I only have at the most 5 hours of sleep. Doable. It's not like I'm stressing myself out at work.

I think tomorrow's a great time to get myself acquainted with the Quiet Room.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home