Tuesday, December 20, 2005

NBI my a$$

Of all days that the NBI people decided to update/maintain their system why should it be today?!?! Just when I've scrounged up all the courage and energy (which does not happen often) to brave the LRT system and it's mob of rushing people, I get slammed in the face with a sign: December 20, 2005 NBI clearance processing will be suspended at 12 noon due to computer maintenance.

So guess who gets a boink on the head for going there at 1 pm telling herself that she's just right on time after the lunch break??

Boink!

But in all fairness, losing my way around Carriedo was very informative. I learned that one can get pretty decent Chucks imitations for 400 pesos, 3 pirated DVDs for 100 and lots of other gadgets for pretty decent prices. Although one can easily get intimidated (read: scared shitless) of the people and everything about the place, I sort of kinda wanted to go around and check out what they have to offer.

I didn't have time then. And besides, I was still trying to control the urge to eye everyone who passes by me like they're all suspects on a rape case while clutching tightly on me bag and wishing I had pepper spray with me.

However, thanks to stupid NBI and their lazy computer whatevers (I say they should do the maintenance on a weekend or when there's no work...) I have to go back there soon anyway.

Ugh! Things would be so much simpler if only I could find my original clearance copy and just have it renewed at Park Square.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home