Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Taxi taxi

For the past three days, I have been commuting to and from work. For those of you who know where I live, it's obviously such a hassle. Since last week, they were not letting any cabs in the camp from 10pm onwards. Apparently, it's a new rule along with the no slippers for military personnel rule. C-r-a-z-y. They're not letting anyone in slippers pass through the gate, well, unless you're in a car.

I do not know what they'd like to achieve with these new rules. All I know is that I have been walking from the gate to our house for the past three work days...at 2 in the morning. Mega hassle.

I am thinking about writing to the post commander about this. It is just not right to let people walk miles in dark streets in the middle of the night. What's the use of taking a taxi if you're only going to end up walking the last leg of the freakin' journey!?!? And at 2 am!!! I asked the guard at the gate if he can bring me home with their jeep. Apparently that's not possible, he only offered to walk me home. No thanks. Unless he was going to carry me home, I am not interested.

I complained about this to my mom, as I was about to commute once more and I didn't want to walk in the middle of the night anymore. She obliged by having my brother (who has work at 7am) pick me up at 1am so I can go home early...

...to drive her and my other brother to the doctor tomorrow at 8 am. Talk about hidden agenda. Just when I thought my dramatic performance did the trick...

Anyhoo...there won't be any office photo of the day today, even though I took a picture. I forgot to bring the USB cable again and I'm too lazy to do the SD card swap. So I'm just going to save all office photos for this week and probably post it all at the same time.

I'm off. I wanna go home!!

peace and luv,
xc

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home